Helos (Greek: nail)

Here you and I can find what I learn "When I Survey" nailed up.


Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Vitamin D -vs- Skim

Philippians 4:4a “ Rejoice in the Lord always;”

As one who has been and is blessed in so many ways, through so many things and people, I have much to rejoice over. I have all that is need to sustain physical life, friends and family who love me and make sure that I’m cared for. I have instruments to play and books to read, music to listen to and songs to sing, but how much of these things are rejoiced over in the Lord. I must confess the I am lacking in praise toward God for these things. My lips are too often silent or bubbling over with the wrong things. The Ephesians verse comes to mind.

Ephesians 4:29
“Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear.”

Not that the words which do escape my lips are morally unacceptable or vulgar in any way, but are they whole milk or skim? Do they fatten the soul of the hearer or leave them longing for more? And when I fail to speak at all, how shall I edify?

Proverbs 25:11
“Like apples of gold in settings of silver is a word spoken in right circumstances.”

Many times I have been the hearer of such words, therefore I know their importance. Why then do I restrain my lips? Some say shyness, fear, or pride. But if the words be true not a one of these should stand in the way. A servant of the living God should not be hindered by such trifles. In the hands of the Almighty what have we to fear and what of ourselves can be boasted in? Nothing.

Therefore, the question comes to “Am I A Solider of the Cross?” When He says “Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?” am I at the ready to say with boldness “Here am I. Send me!” or do I cower in the crevices of His hand saying “Please, Lord, I have never been eloquent, neither recently nor in time past... for I am slow of speech and slow of tongue.”

Well, perhaps I will leave it at that. The ramblings of one who is dis-satisfied with their personal holiness. One who know that she cannot truly say with all her heart "I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord..., and count them as rubbish so that I may gain Christ." There is still so much to let go of, that I may lay hold of the prize of the upward call of God.

Philippians 1:9-11
"And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in real knowledge and all discernment, so that you may approve the things that are excellent, in order to be sincere and blameless until the day of Christ; Having been filled with the fruit of righteousness which comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God."


___________________________________________________________

On a lighter note:

The little boy I care for has taken to whispering while others around us are talking. This would be fine if it didn't tickel my insides and make me laugh histerically.

No comments: