Helos (Greek: nail)

Here you and I can find what I learn "When I Survey" nailed up.


Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Unsolicited Illegal Surprises

I think that perhaps I have found the most wonderful thing that the internet has to offer. Okay, probably not but I'm pretty impressed. Although I'm not sure what I am most impressed about. Let me explain.

I was looking for a trailer for a movie produced in 2002 based on a book I just finished and of course I went to YouTube to find this. I was met with a most pleasant surprise. I could in fact watch the entire film on this site, and therefore I did. It did however have French subtitles but I was not distracted. The roles were played with a touch of excellence and the story line followed the book very well until the last hour. (I have come to grips with this after trying very hard to divorce it from the original author's work in light of the actual ending requiring more time & money than this TV production could possibly allow.)

So my impression, I suppose, is two fold. I found much more than I could have hoped for and second that someone took the time to upload this three hour production on to YouTube. I know that this must be highly illegal and am sure that someone should be prosecuted, but I for one am a little grateful because the DVD version of this production is not available in accordance with my "region." (A downside to my recent and personal British invasion) Therefore my viewing this film was a small miracle.

No comments: