Helos (Greek: nail)

Here you and I can find what I learn "When I Survey" nailed up.


Monday, October 02, 2006

The Home Stretch

It's getting closer to my flight date (Thursday, October 5) and there are a few more details to cover both here and there. I have had the opportunity to meet some wonderful people while here in Northern California, some that I will call and more that I will call friends. The church I have visited here at Berkeley is truly a "sister church" and I have been blessed by their ministry both in the way of being welcomed and challenged in the faith. The extended family of my hosts has equally embraced me and has warmed my heart greatly during my visit here. And I cannot express in words the blessings that I have been given through the home I have called my own for the last month. However, I do look forward to the blessing of returning to my family of church and relation and the wonderful people there in Arkansas.

There has been much time for personal study and reflection upon God's Word as well as His person and character and I pray that the Lord will continue to give me the discipline to make the time when I return. Although I have been blessed to finish two books in personal study while here, I count the victory that I have been blessed with application as well. There have been many temptations and the Lord has provided many victories in my passing through them and He alone is to be glorified, however I know that there will be more to come and pray that He may prove Himself faithful all the more even though I, in the flesh, may fail.

Thank you all who have been praying and know that I have received much encouragement through God's people both here and at home.

No comments: