Helos (Greek: nail)

Here you and I can find what I learn "When I Survey" nailed up.


Tuesday, September 26, 2006

"Loosing My Religion"

When I was in High School there was a song that I thought had a groovy tune and was always intriged by the title: "Loosing My Religion." I heard an interview with the lead singer of the band a couple of years back where he explained that the phrase was common within the area he grew up to express a conformity to a new way of thinking and in the case of the song it was about falling in love with someone and wanting to devote every thought and moment to that person. As a late teenager I would find myself singing that song for no reason thinking to myself "I just found out who Jesus is, I don't want to ever loose Him." Now when I find myself humming the tune (as I do with many a song) I think to myself "How I wish I could loose my religion in order to have a more substantial relationship with Jesus."

In these past few weeks I have been going through the choices that will have to be made very soon regarding my employment and other details. In going through options and opportunities I have sought to ignore the fact that every thing is going to change, yet again, and as I pray that the Lord would be glorified in what ever direction I am to go I also know that any direction will require a little bit of loosing what I hold dear. Whether I am to push java at the local St. Arbucks or push a stroller for the next section of life, only the Lord knows, but I do know that He will be glorified regardless of my little bit of loosing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you!
Trust in Him for HIS will to be done!!
Love amd miss ya! Pebi

N. L. White said...

Thank you, Pebi. It is a blessing to have brothers and sisters that come alongside in these times. The Lord is gracious to provide even that need.