Helos (Greek: nail)

Here you and I can find what I learn "When I Survey" nailed up.


Wednesday, September 06, 2006

the Great Land and Jamba Juice

One of the more interesting things that I've seen here in California is the small shops, cafes, and resturants that are everywhere.
Today we stopped at the nearest Target to grab a few essentials for the home and while we knew that they would carry most of the groceries and household items that were needed, we wern't sure that another stop would not be necessary. So that you won't hold your breath too long I'll tell you now that our list was accomplished in yes, one stop. However, it was no Wal-Mart. The labels of off-brand products did't say "equate" and "great value" but a trained and frugle shopper can always spot them. And on of the more time consuming aspects was that the price per ounce (the little orange box on the price labels at "Wally World") weren't available, therefore we had to do a little math on the spot to figure out the best options. I must admit that although I don't like the fact that Wal-Mart has a bit of a monopoly when it comes to one-stop shopping in NW Arkansas, when it comes to having what the population requires for clean and healthy living, it is a great convience to get both your toilet paper and apple juice in the same stop.
On the flip-side of trying to meet everyone's needs in one fail swoop, we also went to "Jamba Juice" for mid-morning snack after our shopping venture. This has been one of my favorite stops in the past couple of days. "Jamba Juice" is a place where you can order perhaps any combination of smoothie ingredients imaginable. But the fact remains that they are still smoothies and you can't build a turkey sandwich on top of it. You can't pick up a loaf of bread while you wait for you B vitamians to be injected into your "mango-a-go-go". (very tasty, I might add)

Always looking for the spiritual application of the seemingly little things, I wanted to say here that God is good. He is faithful to meet our every need, the ones that we know about and even those that escape our attention. If only we would seek to be like the Holy One who called us in this regard instead of looking out for our own intrests.
I Corinthians 9:19-23
Though I am free and belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law. To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.

No comments: