Helos (Greek: nail)

Here you and I can find what I learn "When I Survey" nailed up.


Thursday, March 23, 2006

Rosemary & Time

Hey you all,
I'm just standing here in the "Hummingbird's" kitchen, smelling some wonderful rosemary chicken, with a little time to spare.
I was reading a Psalm of David yesterday (Psalm 131):
"My heart is not haughty, nor my eyes lofty. Neither do I concern myself with great matters, nor with things too profound for me.
Surely I have calmed and quieted my soul, like a weaned child with his mother, Like a weaned child is my soul within me.
O Israel, hope in Yahweh from this time forth and forever."
I've been a bit busy lately but the Lord has been very gracious to keep my soul "calmed and quieted." but the first part of the chapter speaks directly to what I should be able to say "My heart is not haughty, nor my eyes lofty."
I can't say that I have great ambishions in this earthly life but for those that I do have, are they haughty or overly lofty? Are my thoughts completely yeilded to Yahweh?
I have to say no. My flesh is weak in view of what this world has to offer and my ambitions yield too eaisly.
THIS WORLD
(As recorded by Caedmon's Call)
There's tarnish on the golden rule
And I want to jump from this ship of fools
Show me a place where hope is young
And a people who are not afraid to love
This world has nothing for me
And this world has everything
All that I could want and nothing that I need
This world is making me drunk on the spirits of fear
So when He says, "Who will go?" I am nowhere near
And the least of these look like criminals to me
So I leave Christ on the street
This world has nothing for me
And this world has everything
All that I could want and nothing that I need
This world has held my hand and has led me into intolerance
But now I'm waking up and now I'm breaking up
And now I'm making up for lost time
This world has nothing for me
And this world has everything
All that I could want and nothing that I need
Aaron Tate Copyright © 1994 Cumbee Road Music

1 comment:

4given said...

Hey... it's "Hummingbird"... a.k.a. Jail bird, Javabird, bird legs... ummm, the rosemary chicken chick.
It truly is by the grace of God alone that we can have that calm and quiet in the midst of busyness. As a mother of many, I find those times precious and a time to thank Him for the quietness of soul when all things around me are seemingly chaotic. But then, when it isn't so quiet and still it is more because I am failing to rest in Him... not because He is failing to provide me rest.