Helos (Greek: nail)

Here you and I can find what I learn "When I Survey" nailed up.


Tuesday, March 28, 2006

"And I've Never Been to Boston in the Fall"

An interesting question was asked in our fellowship group this past week: "Would you rather be in the position of Adam or saved today?" (or something close to that)
My first thought was "Before or after the fall?" but truely, neither is better than the salvation of Jesus. In looking at what I, and even Adam, had to offer God I am humbled. I can bring nothing to the table because I have only the damnation of my eternal soul apart from that which God has given me. Even Adam had nothing to offer of his own. A naive understanding of good and evil. He was given but one boundary in the Garden and like any other with human nature jumped at the opportunity to sin, finding himself shamed through something he'd never experianced before, a guilty conscience.
Praise God for justification!
(being declared righteous before God through the saving work of Jesus)
How many would be damned to Hell because of sin? How many would forever experiance the gnashing of teeth because of that which we cannot resist apart the blessed Holy Spirit's presence.
What Have I But Damnation
What have I but damnation, for sick and weak am I
Just a wretch short of glory, with sin as my demise
A willing hand held o'er my eyes, in sin I blindly stood
Hands held o'er my fleshly ears, ignoring God's call to good
But then the hands removed, not by my will but the cross
To see salvation's radiance, to hear the call of God
A blessed child of glory, sure to reach Jordan's coast
What have I but Jesus, In Him alone I boast.
©N.L. White 2005

No comments: