Helos (Greek: nail)

Here you and I can find what I learn "When I Survey" nailed up.


Friday, May 16, 2008

Firsts

Okay so this is my very first posted video along with my very first posted song. I've wanted to post a song for a while now but couldn't figure out how. Then it hit me make a video with one. So I did. I thought this picture would look much better than me playing my guitar in a messy little apartment.

There is so much more I wanted to do with the video but maybe I can get to that later.

Enjoy!

________________________________________________________

2 comments:

N. L. White said...

Most of the lyrics are by Fanny J. Crosby who wrote lots and lots and lots of hymns.

Here's her text for this one.


Near the Cross

Jesus, keep me near the cross,
There a precious fountain
Free to all, a healing stream
Flows from Calvary’s mountain.

Refrain
In the cross, in the cross,
Be my glory ever;
Till my raptured soul shall find
Rest beyond the river.

Near the cross, a trembling soul,
Love and mercy found me;
There the bright and morning star
Sheds its beams around me.

Refrain

Near the cross! O Lamb of God,
Bring its scenes before me;
Help me walk from day to day,
With its shadows o’er me.

Refrain

Near the cross I’ll watch and wait
Hoping, trusting ever,
Till I reach the golden strand,
Just beyond the river.

Refrain

Here's a link to the the text and the "original" tune by William Howard Doane.

http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/n/e/nercross.htm

N. L. White said...
This comment has been removed by the author.