Helos (Greek: nail)

Here you and I can find what I learn "When I Survey" nailed up.


Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A Side Note

I haven't walked away from our Reformed Women.

Okay, I am working on a short bio for Mrs. Elizabeth Prentiss. However "short" is the problem. I thought I wouldn't find very much on this lovely lady but was proven wrong and am now reading the collection of her "Life and Letters." So fun with letters for NL White.


The Side Note It's Self:

I am a co-teacher with a lovely and angelic friend on Sunday nights when we teach 5-7 year-olds. This week she was trying to convey God's omniscience to the kids when she shared the story of Ananias and his wife Sapphira, and their heart toward God revealed through their deceit. In considering the story with the children I was struck by how easy could be for us to pretend that we have hearts of gold when they're just painted rocks beating in our chests.


So the challenge I walked away with is to be real. I know that God has made changes to my heart now I must live like it. Some of you are like "you already do" well imagine if I did it on purpose. I would be a walking ball of mercy stitched together with thread of grace. My lack of tolerance for "faking it" would keep it from being an act and I would really be just that. Cool! Right?


Are you a walking ball of mercy stitched together with thread of grace?



Happy Day!!

NL White



P.S. I think that's what I want on my tombstone.

4 comments:

N. L. White said...

Can you tell I played softball?

Anonymous said...

You're stretching it with the "angelic" part. Also, instead of lovely, I prefer "grave and beautiful". Just kidding! I agree with what you said about living our new lives "on purpose".

Isn't it great teaching those kids? Don't we learn so much about our holy and awesome God? I'm really glad we get to teach together! You're precious to me.

Cathy

N. L. White said...

Cathy: You make me smile wth a little tear to boot.

N. L. White said...

@ Anyone: What do you want on your tombstone?