Helos (Greek: nail)

Here you and I can find what I learn "When I Survey" nailed up.


Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Storm Damage

So the flight home wasn't so uneventful. The first leg of the flight consisted of my waiting to see if I could even get on the plane because I had an unassigned seat on an over-sold flight to Dallas...Fun Stuff. But the guy at the gate was extremely patient and some people took direct flights to Austin, where they were going any way, so it wasn't too bad. but the final part of the flight was a scene straight out of "Twilight Zone" the movie, minus the creepy gremlin and the crazy passenger. The pilot flew through the beginnings of the storm which caused this damage at the home I work in. I've seen trees twisted and mangled like this before, in Lousiana, after Hurricane Katrina, when we went to help clean up the damage.

I took some pictures of the lightining in the clouds from the plane window but they'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Glad to be home in my bed, but miss the family I visited as always.

No comments: