Helos (Greek: nail)

Here you and I can find what I learn "When I Survey" nailed up.


Monday, August 13, 2007

Just Hanging Out

Well the Service yesterday was great and I was blessed with excellent conversation with some of those I met last year as well as new found brothers and sisters in Christ. I was asked to share my personal testimony of responding to the gospel and was blessed to hear that of others as well. Fellowship within the body of Christ is an amazing thing. It transcends background, situation and station of life to bring the most unlikely of brethren together.



A side note: I met two flickr fellows after services. It truly is a small world.



Yesterday evening the more extended family gathered for a dinner celebrating a 18th wedding anniversary. (My thanks to GJ) At Piatti's, an Italian eatery here in Danville, I enjoyed a plate of "Ravioli Al Lemone." Ravioli stuffed with spinach and cheese and covered with a creamy citrus sauce. I loved it. The sad thing about all this wonderful food I've been surrounded with is that my stomach isn't quite up to the task of finishing any of it. So...after sharing a bite or two with some of my lovely dinner companions and completing what I felt was a adequate portin for my self, there remained two well stuffed ravioli. What was I to do? There wasn't quite enough to save for later and too much to be left on the plate. I will end the suspense...I ate them.





Today, I hung out with the older of the two children while the younger enjoyed birthday festivities with his classmates. We then had an hearty lunch at a local dinner(patty melt for me). We came back to the house and played a little Wii. The children and I then went to see "Underdog" which was quite entertaining and family friendly.

No comments: