Helos (Greek: nail)

Here you and I can find what I learn "When I Survey" nailed up.


Sunday, August 12, 2007

All Things Relative (weather and time zone)

Well, things are going great here. I haven't seen the kids just yet but will in a couple of hours. This is Dad's weekend so they've been a little tied up with Grandma in town and a b-day party for the youngest. So when I came into the airport my very joyful ride was perfectly on time to move on to bigger and better things and in this case that was Food. Mexican food to be exact. We headed to a favorite eateryof my hostess'.



"El Torito"

While inside I was asked to recount the happenings of my life for the last ten to eight months which made me thankful that there has been many changes to produce conversation and also to give God glory for. I in turn asked Cristine to do the same. It was a great opportunity to get to an insight into what the week may hold and what to pray for while here and in days to follow. The conversation was so good that I nearly forgot that we were in California and that it was only about 72 degrees outside. When I opened the door to exit the establishment I was quickly reminded. The brisk air, high mountians and palm trees outside in San Jose were excellent reminders.



It seems this morning that life for others is taking a little long to get started, I suppose that is because I woke around 5am pacific time and finished an hour's walk and preparations for the day by 7:30. Well my ride for church will be here shortly so I will leave all this for now and post more later.

Perhaps you have not heard that my mother is going in for tests on her heart tomorrow. Please pray for her and for wisdom for the doctors. In one of these tests they will attempt to cause a heart attack in order to see just what is going on. Again, please pray for comfort in our sovereign God for those awaiting the results, for wisdom and guidance for the doctors, and God's will for my mom.

Blessings,


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi There.
It's HOT here..100! So you just enjoy that lovely weather!
Zach misses Zach :) By the way TOM FOUND THE ELEPHANT!! WHERE? Oh I will have to tell you later:) We miss you! Send lots of pictures.
The Elliotts

Adela Toplean said...

I was about to go to California this summer you know. We could've meet on the street :)

N. L. White said...

@ The Elliotts
There are few that I miss more than you all. I hope to post a pic or two daily here so check in.

@ Adela
That would have been too great.

I unfortunately would be sorry to meet you in such a way because I would want more conversation than the few moments a passing hello could offer. If you do make those plans, let me know.