Helos (Greek: nail)

Here you and I can find what I learn "When I Survey" nailed up.


Wednesday, January 10, 2007

A Funny Thing Happened On the Way To The Nanny Agency

On Friday of last week I made the decision to re-enter the child-care world. It was as if a message went out on the wind in many different directions. I called that day to speak to "The Nanny Connection" about an ad that they had placed in the paper and since that time I have not gone a day without an offer of employment.

My last post spoke of being a brave beginner and I have tried to be such in this time. I have, however, failed in the outward bravery department. I have had two interviews in the last two days and both have held questions that induced tears. The questions were about the last family I worked with. Perhaps I am seeing this step as the final one that says "I'm not going to work with them anymore."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there my friend! Have'nt read your blog in awhile..was thinking of you today and your decision to get back into being a nanny..truly you are a rare jewel in the ruff and any family that has you will be blessed!!
Though this step may seem like the final step with regards to your wonderful family in CA ..it is the one step of many leading you on another journey!! Bebo N, has a song.."Time takes its toll on us..- "so why does it have to be so hard. To see you in the sunrise. Time takes,time takes away. Love remains,love remains" You will always have those precious guys in CA and they are only a phone call away and a plane trip(although LONG:) away!! I'm praying for you.
In Christ..Press on~ Pebi

N. L. White said...

Thank you, dear Sister. Your prayers are precious. All of this is happening so quickly and the anchor of Christ through the Word, prayer and God's people is a tremendous blessing.