Helos (Greek: nail)

Here you and I can find what I learn "When I Survey" nailed up.


Monday, September 18, 2006

It's A Small, Small World (in Christ)

Yesterday I was blessed to worship with a wonderful and welcoming fellowship of believers in Berkeley, CA. East-bay Baptist Church of Berkeley began as a college ministry/church plant a few years back associated with a Korean Baptist Church near Oakland. At the time the focus was toward ministering to the collegiate population of UC Berkeley. They have since become an individual church apart from the Korean Church who sent them out. EBCB has for years now sought to meet the ministry needs of many others who have come through their doors.

As I took the opportunity to look over the church’s website, I was encouraged greatly be the holding of high views concerning both God and His Word and by the blessings of technology I was able to hear a sermon by Pastor John Shim, toughing on the federal headship of Adam and Christ which my own beloved Pastor Ed Godfrey had taught our own congregation about only a few weeks before. This past Sunday Pastor John, in teaching through I Corinthians, spoke on the resurrection and glorification of believers as addressed in chapter 15. Our God is good, in that just a couple of weeks ago Pastor Ed covered the promised and therefore sure glorification of the saints on a Sunday evening.

There were more blessings received than I have spoken of here in this post and I am looking forward to joining the fellowship of EBCB again next week. However the most important blessing, which none other can surpass was the fellowship of the Spirit among those who have gathered in the name of Jesus with and eye toward His glory. When brothers and sisters come together to worship according to Truth and with the guidance of the Spirit it can only be described as sweet.

Hope CBC: Don’t worry I’m still coming home in October.

The most entertaining and surprising question I was asked on Sunday was “Do you know Ron Brotherton?”

Here’s what a friend at Hope CBC said about this question.
“Wow! So what are the chances? God is sooooooo good. Prayerfully you'll have an opportunity to talk to Ron about that. He is so amazingly well-known. I don't even know how many people he's brought to church or how many times [Pastor] Ed has been asked if he "knows Ron Brotherton." It's all God. Sometimes I think Ron must be an angel, just flitting in and out, bringing new people to church, and keeping like-minded churches connected all over the United States!”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN!That is neat about Ron,all the way in CA someone knows him.I wonder if he knows that he has been called an angel?hmm
Glad to know you are STILL coming home:)
Love in Him~Pebi