Helos (Greek: nail)

Here you and I can find what I learn "When I Survey" nailed up.


Tuesday, April 18, 2006

"You're So Selfish"

Hey, You All;

I have a bit of a confession to make. I've been a little depressed lately. This time around was really bad. I could try to blame it on stress, stuff, or other people but the truth is that I sin and have trouble trusting in God, whom I can't see, for all things. I am however grateful that it has happened after salvation because, to be honest, my flesh didn't care if I'd wake up in the morning or not. As an unbeliever I struggled frequently with this form of selfishness. (I don't think it's a chemical imbalance in my case.) I even went as far as to imagine ways to end my life.

Praise God for his preserving power over every part of me!!

Depression is a funny thing. Sometimes you just want someone to notice that you're a bit down and others you don't want anyone to even look at you. More often than not people see the side effects first and in the case of women chalk them up to hormones or emotionalism. A dear friend of mine has helped me to deal with some of the side effects during this round and I thought that perhaps some of you could benefit from her words.

“...may we all grow in the glory of God knowing that we each live with our flesh taunting us to protect ourselves at any cost. But like Christ, may we humble ourselves considering the needs of others as more important than our own.” – a dear friend

Romans 8:10-18
If Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is alive because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you. So then, brethren, we are under obligation, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh - for if you are living according to the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live. For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, " Abba! Father!" The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him. For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.

So Long Self
MercyMe - From the album Coming Up To Breathe

Well if I come across a little bit distant, it's just because I am
Things just seem to feel a little bit different, you understand
Believe it or not but life is not apparently, about me anyways
But I have met the One who really is worthy, so let me say…

So long self ; Well it's been fun, but I have found somebody else
So long self ; There's just no room for two so you are gonna have to move
So long self ; Don't take this wrong but you are wrong for me farewell
Oh well, Goodbye, don't cry; So Long Self

Stop right there because I know what your thinking, but no we can't be friends
And even though I know your heart is breaking, this has to end
And come to think of it the blame for all of this, simply falls on me
For wanting something more in life than all of this, oh, can't you see…

So long self ; Well it's been fun, but I have found somebody else
So long self ; There's just no room for two so you are gonna have to move
So long self ; Don't take this wrong but you are wrong for me farewell
Oh well, Goodbye, don't cry; So Long Self


Farewell, Goodbye,
Oh, So long self

No comments: