Helos (Greek: nail)

Here you and I can find what I learn "When I Survey" nailed up.


Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Interlude

We've finished our Messanic Passover and I now have a bit more time for fellowship instead of sitting in a very small office formatting and making copies. As a single chick I have a wonderful opportunity to minister to some of the wives of our church in a way that I see as unique. When some of their husbands travel for business I am blessed and pleased to join their families for dinner and what ever they have planned for the evening. Last night I had the pleasure of attending my first soccer (football) game since high school and chowing on some chicken pizza with a wonderful family. (I do prefer pepperoni but am limited by a pork allergy - not religious constraints.)
The blessing I think is not in what I am afforded to enjoy by way of food or games but rather in the opportunity to see people living the faith they proclaim. I've been impressed over the last ten years that living for Christ is demanding and hard, while following the flesh and idols is easy and lazy. Although we all struggle in The Way and press hard for the truth and the road is not easy I pray that we will not lose sight of the goal and the blessing of the prize.

1 comment:

Born to be Transformed said...

That's what church is really all about. It's about blessing others, getting blessed by others, and Just hanging out letting God do his thing.