Helos (Greek: nail)

Here you and I can find what I learn "When I Survey" nailed up.


Monday, March 03, 2008

"It's the process, not the product."

Did you know that I like to draw?
The only thing better than starting a new drawing is finishing one. However I must admit that I have much more experience with the former rather than the latter. I could post pictures of all the little projects that I have begun but not even "blogger" has enough space to hold all that digital information. The other day I was going through a portfolio of mine from high school. The amount of unfinished projects was a little disturbing.

In thinking about how unfaithful I have been to these undertakings I was reminded that God is continually faithful. I posted this picture on my flickr page a couple of days ago with this title "His work was finished on the cross. Mine has just begun." It is just as He said "It is finished." Even when we are faithless He is faithful. Faithful to complete the work which He began in me, in my brethren, in those who don't know they're being worked on yet. He is Faithful.

The title of this post is something that those of us who work with children say a lot. "It's the process, not the product." You know I do believe that when it comes to macaroni art and learning to dress yourself. When it comes to the daily sanctifying work of God in His children I would like to alter it a little. "It's the process, because of the product."

Scripture says that "When we see [Jesus] we will be like Him." As we await that day we can take comfort in the fact that it is sure, not based on the deeds which we have done even in righteousness but according to His mercy. Because He is faithful and able to complete His work, we can take comfort in whatever it is He has prepared beforehand for us to do.

Can I use these points to get out of finishing those works in my portfolio that remain merely started? No, but I can put them aside for more precious and lasting work.

On to that which will last.
NL White

2 comments:

Pasha said...

Glad to see you back and feeling better!

N. L. White said...

Glad to see me back and feeling better.

;>)