Helos (Greek: nail)

Here you and I can find what I learn "When I Survey" nailed up.


Saturday, December 15, 2007

Let It Snow

We finally have snow here in NW Arkansas. It has been flirting with us for some time now but here it is and not a moment too soon. It's been a while since we've had a good snow before Christmas. Maybe this one will linger on the lawns.
I was walking through the local promanade with a couple of friends when I took a moment to cross my eyes (something I like to do from time to time) and saw that a snowflake had decided to linger on my nose. I immediately thought of the song which says "snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes." Does anyone else think it funny that that song has amazingly become associated with Christmas over the years? I suppose it's the reference to snowflakes and "brown paper packages tied up with string." I think I might use that this year in honor of an unlikely Christmas song.
Happy Holidays...Happy Holidays

No comments: