Helos (Greek: nail)

Here you and I can find what I learn "When I Survey" nailed up.


Friday, October 05, 2007

Still a Mystery


This past couple of weeks I have been exposed to the "Knights of Columbus" title a few times and from a couple of different sources. One being an acquaintance considering becoming a part of the group and the other a Brother in Christ concerned for his brother entering into such a secret society. I must admit that I know little to nothing about this Catholic brotherhood founded by Father Michael J. McGivney and that my knowledge of them is limited because I haven't taken the time to research the group. However if my trusted and diligent friend is having trouble obtaining information about the group there must be something hidden from the public eye. It could very well be that this "do good" fraternity of Catholic men has nothing serious to hide and just likes being a mystery to others. Or it could be that they have plans to take over the world by the year 2027. I truly don't know.

My friend did, however, make an excellent point concerning secret societies under the name of church and Christianity. He said those things done in God's name while under a shroud of secrecy has to be questioned. (or something similar) I have to admit that I agree. We have been sent out as believers to tell of God's works and wonders, therefore, how can those doing His work justify having a group that you must be a part of in order to learn the inter-workings of it?

I too find the mystery a bit intriguing however not enough to run the search engine in pursuit of the answers. So I'll leave that to the ones who have a vested interest in it and pray for those convicted by their conscience to do what is right in God's sight.

No comments: