Helos (Greek: nail)

Here you and I can find what I learn "When I Survey" nailed up.


Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Packing Ain't All It's Cracked Up To Be!!

Okay, this Saturday I'll be boarding a seven hour flight accross this great land of the free. Free that is unless you want to bring shampoo and toothpaste.

I understand all the security and even the limits on liquids but I'm only going for a week and guess what...everything I want to take fits in one carry-on size bag. However, I will have to check that bag and leave it up to the Power that is to keep it from getting lost in transit. Alas, I do not know the complete will of God regarding my luggage. Therefore I will not be able to bring one bag on my journey. There will be a second, unchecked bag, a bag that will be by my side throughout the flying process. This bag will contain a few books, paper, pens, verse memory card, peanuts, a sandwich, water (purchased at the airport), purell, an mp3 player, headphones, a handheld sudoku game, some gum, a small blankie, a reese's treat and alas a change of clothes.

I'm not suggesting that anyone make exceptions for little-ol-me. I just want to put one week of my life in a single bag. (and a camera case)

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

So did anyone make or put together you flight bag...a.k.a...AIRPLANE SURVIVAL KIT!...oh yeah...I guess that question is really retorical...........I wonder why...hmmm