Helos (Greek: nail)

Here you and I can find what I learn "When I Survey" nailed up.


Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The Master Weaver

I have a nasty, yet helpful habit.
It's not biting my nails or picking my nose but rather writing on my hand. Some see this and gasp, others say "I would never let my child do that." It's not as if I'm drawing pictures but rather a word or two to serve as a reminder to do something or ask someone a question. But the sight of these scrawlings do remind me of something else. God's love, manifested in two particular ways. The first is His chosing to love a worm such as I, bringing other worms of love into my life.

The Scriptures say that God has written the name of His beloved not only in the Book of life but on His very hand. (God's hands must be huge!) My name is written on the hand of God...(long pause to digest this thought)...Every child of God has a place not only in the Heart of God but on His palm. I ask you this: Is there a safer place? 1 Peter says there is an inheritance "reserved in heaven for you who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time." Do you think someone will be able to crack God's safe? (Woe to those who try.)

Now to the second encouragement from a hand scribbled upon.

There is a Hindu tradition that I wanted to go into to explain how lines on a hand depict the lines of one's eternal soul and how they meet up with or follow closely beside others in an ancient art form called Mehndi. However I found myself spending more time explaining the falsities of reincarnation and their system of good works thatn reaching the intended point. Therefore I trust that should you want to learn more about the history and practice of Mehndi you can use your google search.
Perhaps you know where I'm going with this but I will take you in that direction anyway.
We all have people that we choose to associate with, because of their personality, their past experiances, a common intrest. But there are also those people that make us think "What was God thinking when He put this person here in my path." I love the Body of Christ becuase the foot is so very different from the face that you might think "and why are these things hanging out together?" I have relationships with the church that just make sense and others that one may look at and say the same thought about the foot and face. The challenge however is to love the face just as much as you love the other foot who has almost exactly the same intrests that you do (were you a foot).
All this to say that God is good and He loves us so much that He gave His only begotten Son for us.
Not that we would walk as we did formerly, selfish wonderers searching for ways to please the flesh. But as new creatures loving the God who first loved us and those whom He has also chosen to live eternally in His Heaven. Imagine the sweet fellowship there will be in Heaven and practice now for that which is to come
Disclaimer: These thoughts were formed from hours of trying to mould 10 years of blessings into two thoughts.
There is also a greek myth that "the fates" maintain a loom which is the weaving of lives together. You can read about that on your own as well.
_______________________________________________________________
In Response ro "Anonymous"...
Only if this depicts you...
..."Anonymous"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are you implying? I am a foot and you a face? Do you love the foot? Do ya? Do ya? Even though it might have fungus at times? And might I add, the face might have, like, bad breath?

I'm sorry. It is the lack of sleep and adundant sweets. Ugh. I think I might make that into a song now.

I am anonymous... can you guess who???

N. L. White said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
N. L. White said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.